The Sex Education Collaborative (SEC) envisions and works to support a world in which all young people’s right to comprehensive, high-quality sex education is recognized and fulfilled. We know that this can only be achieved if educators are equipped with the knowledge and training needed to effectively deliver sex education. SEC members are sex education experts who share the common goal of advancing K–12 school-based sex education programs across the United States.
Together, we created the Training Hub to bring together, in one convenient, central place, access to trusted national, regional, and state-based sex education training, technical assistance, and policy support. At www.SexEducationCollaborative.org, you can also find resources created and endorsed by the SEC and an overview of each state’s current sex education laws, policies, and guidelines.
Through the SEC, members strengthen the infrastructure for educator training on comprehensive, high-quality sex education that is grounded in equity and social justice and is culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate, inclusive, medically accurate, sex positive, and trauma-informed.
The SEC is made up of 27 national, regional, and state-based organizations with extensive experience training educators to deliver school-based sex education. We have partnered to support educators and administrators to provide high-quality sex education no matter where they are or what they need. The diverse SEC membership includes organizations with experience successfully advancing sex education at local and national levels.
The 27 SEC members are:
- Advocates for Youth
- Alabama Campaign for Adolescent Sexual Health
- Amplify Youth Health Collective
- ETR Associates
- Fact Forward
- Health Connected
- Healthy Teen Network
- Georgia Campaign for Adolescent Power & Potential (GCAPP)
- Institute of Women and Ethnic Studies (IWES)
- Michigan Organization on Adolescent Sexual Health (MOASH)
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA)
- Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts (PPLM)
- Planned Parenthood Mar Monte (PPMM)
- Planned Parenthood of Northern, Central and Southern New Jersey, Inc. (PPNCSNJ)
- Planned Parenthood of Southwestern Oregon (PPSO)
- Planned Parenthood of the Great Northwest, Hawai’i, Alaska, Indiana and Kentucky (PPGNHAIK)
- Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest (PPPSW)
- Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains (PPRM)
- Power to Decide
- RISE: Healthy for Life
- SIECUS: Sex Ed for Social Change
- Teen Health MS
- Trailhead Institute
- UMN Healthy Youth Development - Prevention Center
The SEC is not expanding membership at this time. We expect our next membership drive will be in early 2024. If you would like to be added to the SEC's mailing list so you can receive the membership application once it is available, please submit your information via our contact form.