The Sex Education Collaborative (SEC) envisions and works to support a world in which all young people’s right to comprehensive, high-quality sex education is recognized and fulfilled. We know that this can only be achieved if educators are equipped with the knowledge and training needed to effectively deliver sex education. The SEC is made up of sex education experts who share the common goal to advance and scale K–12 school-based sex education programs across the United States.
Together, we created the Training Hub to bring together, in one convenient, central place, access to trusted national, regional, and state-based sex education training, technical assistance, and policy support. At www.SexEducationCollaborative.org, you can also find resources created and endorsed by the SEC and an overview of each state’s current sex education laws, policies, and guidelines.
Through the SEC, members establish the national agenda on, advocate for, and strengthen the infrastructure for educator training on comprehensive, high-quality sex education that is grounded in equity and social justice and is culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate, inclusive, medically accurate, sex positive, and trauma-informed.
The SEC is made up of 23 national, regional, and state-based organizations with extensive experience training educators to deliver school-based sex education. We have partnered to support educators and administrators to provide high-quality sex education no matter where they are, or what they need. The diverse SEC membership includes sex educators, curriculum designers, policy experts, and organizers, with experience successfully advancing sex education at local and national levels.
The 22 SEC members are:
- Advocates for Youth
- ETR Associates
- Fact Forward
- Health Connected
- Healthy Teen Network
- Georgia Campaign for Adolescent Power & Potential (GCAPP)
- Institute of Women and Ethnic Studies (IWES)
- Michigan Organization on Adolescent Sexual Health (MOASH)
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA)
- Planned Parenthood of the Great Northwest, Hawai’i, Alaska, Indiana and Kentucky (PPGNHAIK)
- Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest (PPPSW)
- Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains (PPRM)
- Planned Parenthood of Southern, Central, and Northern New Jersey (PPSCNNJ)
- Planned Parenthood of Southwestern Oregon (PPSO)
- Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts (PPLM)
- Power to Decide
- RISE: Healthy for Life
- SIECUS: Sex Ed for Social Change
- Teen Health MS
- UMN Healthy Youth Development - Prevention Center
The SEC is not expanding membership at this time. We expect our next membership drive will be in early 2023. If you would like to be added to the SEC's mailing list so you can be receive the membership application once it is available, please submit your information via our contact form.