This one-day Foundations training covers the essential skills for facilitating sex education, including:
- climate building in the classroom,
- understanding state and local sex education policies,
- pedagogical approaches for experiential learning,
- values clarification
- managing personal disclosure,
- and handling difficult questions and harassing comments.
Optional half-day modules for a second day of training include cultural proficiency, LGBTQ inclusion, trauma-informed approaches, and facilitation skills for commonly used sex education strategies.