Unplanned pregnancies are challenging for any population, but particularly for adolescents. When dealing with issues like pregnancy and abortion, teens are often denied the tools to make informed and autonomous decisions. This training will work with participants to identify and set aside individual judgments in order to provide unbiased support to pregnant adolescents. The training will also cover mandatory parental involvement laws, judicial bypass, and how to help minors navigate the judicial bypass system.
In this training, participants will:
- Identify own biases around abortion and teen pregnancy.
- Gain an understanding of unique barriers teens face to access abortion services.
- Define and review parental involvement laws and judicial bypass.
- Define requirements for judicial bypass.
- Describe the judicial bypass process.
- Discuss findings from MOASH's Michigan Youth (MY) Rights project.